Every day we receive calls asking us 'Do you think I can install this?'
The best way for you to figure this out is by taking a look at our video installation series. This series, located on Youtube, shows each step of the pergola install in simple three to seven minute long videos. If you want to see how the posts are cut to height or how the rafters attach to the beams - there is a video ready and waiting for you! About 90% of all installation questions asked are answered out loud and the person actually shows you how to do it. Click the YouTube video picture below to see the installation playlists.
Building your own pergola is easier than you think. If you can:
- Lift up to 80 pounds
- Use a tape measure and a level
- Use a circular or miter saw
- Use a drill
- Assure columns, beams and rafters are level and aligned
… you’re ready to install a Heartland Pergola.
If you don’t have the necessary tools or the time to take on the project, it’s easy to find a professional contractor who can install your pergola. Our kits include all the materials you need, as well as step-by-step installation instructions and drawings. Your local handyman won’t have any problem taking on the project.
What You’ll Need
- A helper. Some pieces are too bulky for one person alone to safely handle.
- Two free days (maybe). While a professional contractor should be able to install a pergola in about a day, a novice DIYer may need up to two. (NOTE: If you need to dig and pour footings or attach to deck framing, it will take a little longer.)
- A few basic tools, including a level, measuring tape, ladder, drill with a 6” extension, drill bits and drivers, and a circular or miter saw.
- Step-by-step installation instructions and videos, available on our website
A detailed list of tools is included with your pergola kit and in the installation instructions. Make sure you have everything you need before you begin construction.
If you want a Heartland Pergola but cannot complete the installation yourself - we suggest calling local carpenters or handymen. If you've made some calls and are not confident in finding an installer please contact us at 563-345-6745 and we will find a qualified professional in your area for you.
Where to next?
If you can't find what you're looking for please give us a quick call at 563-345-6745 or use our chat box in the bottom left corner of your screen!PRICE RANGE AND KEY FEATURES
QUOTE MY PERGOLA
SHOW ME PHOTO GALLERIES
SHOW ME INSTALLATION INFO
SEND ME A SAMPLE PIECE
EMAIL OR CALL A TEAM MEMBER